Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tip for a Tuesday....

Got milk?
In a concerted effort to eat healthy, the Englishman and I have been drinking skim milk for quite some time now.  Great, right? No fat and we even buy the organic version.

After watching a program about the amount of sugar in our everyday diets that most of us are unaware of, I started checking labels for sugar content also.

Did you know there is sugar in milk? 
The skim milk we purchase contains 12 grams of sugar per serving - 
that's roughly 3 teaspoons per cup.

I couldn't believe it!!

Daughter #1 recently purchased Silk Pure Almond and let me have a sample.

I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet, creamy taste.
And the best part?
NO SUGAR !!

So I'm making the switch, in order to keep my sugar intake in check.
I may have given up many different foods lately, but my daily dose of Cheerios and milk 
will not be one of them!

My tip?
Read food labels carefully - including SUGAR content!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know a ton of people that like this. They'll put it in coffee too. Good for you!! Though the less sugar you guys eat, the more I seem too, haha

    ReplyDelete