Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday's Wisdom....

Several weeks ago, I was reaching for something in the closet when out of the corner of my eye I spotted this arm with long, streaked wrinkles.  
That looks just like Mom's arms, was my first thought.  
My second thought was one of shock and horror as I realized it was my arm!  
"Good Lord," I said aloud, "when the hell did that happen?"
You know that phrase mothers hurl at you when you're a teen - something like:
 "Someday, you'll ......"
Yup. 
It happened. 
"Someday" has arrived.

Now I'm sure I am not the first person to have had an experience like that.  
One minute I'm a young mother, trying to juggle all the balls in air so to speak. 
And the next?  I'm a Grandmother of three and a "senior citizen"  

They are not kidding when they say "Time flies!"
It most certainly does.

But I am heeding the advice of James Taylor, from the lyrics of the song: Secret o' Life
"Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill.
But since we're on our way down, we might as well enjoy the ride."

I plan on continuing to enjoy every minute of this ride called life, no matter how I look.
Well, that and wear long-sleeved shirts from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment