Monday, May 15, 2017

A Monday Memory....

Today would have been my Dad's 104th birthday! 
I've been playing Nat King Cole music all morning in remembrance of him.  
One of his absolute favorite pastimes was to sit on the couch, 
listening to Nat King Cole or Peggy Lee music on his beloved stereo, 
similar to the one pictured below.



Back in the '70's, whenever my parents would leave the house, my sister and I would immediately raise the lid on the stereo, twist the dial to one of our radio stations 
and turn the volume up full blast.
And yes, we often forgot to reset the controls when we were finished, 
with the result that my Dad would be jarred when he hit the "on" button.

The poor man would frequently ask us, 
"How is the music any better when you turn it up so loud?"
Oh, Dad.  You just don't understand, we would think.

These days, being of a similar age now, I get it.
Though I confess I still turn the volume up with certain songs when out driving in my Mini Cooper.

Happy Birthday, Daddy.
Miss you....

No comments:

Post a Comment