Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday Morning Musings....


"Everything old is new again"
These words from a song by Peter Allen keep rolling through my head recently.
Growing up in the suburbs in the late '50's and early '60's, delivery trucks were a frequent sight in our neighborhood. Many households had only one car, so homemakers depended on this service.

The milkman, the bakery man, the pharmacy man all made deliveries to our house. 


The bakery man would come to the door with a large tray, filled with various breads, cookies and other goodies. I used to cross my fingers and hope that my mother would include a box of sugar donuts in her order, but sadly it was not to be.

The last delivery truck to come along, a few years later, was this one:

Everyone in the family loved all the Charles Chips products. I'm happy to say my mother did always include an order of their chocolate chip cookies!

For many years, it seemed as though home delivery had gone the way of the dinosaurs.

But, as the song says, everything old is new again and home delivery of foods seem to be making quite the comeback. I have even heard that milk, in glass bottles, may soon be an option!

What's that other song - "Happy Days are here again"?

No comments:

Post a Comment