Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday's Wisdom....

"You can't predict but you can plan."

This phrase was on the tail end of a recording I listened to while on hold waiting to speak to our vet about our dog. They were advising how to prepare in case of an emergency and needing to evacuate with your pets. 

Actually, I thought,
 that's a great message overall for everyone.

I often say to friends that, unfortunately, God does not send down a detailed list to me of either the next crisis or joyous event that will be happening in the future. So I find that I cope better when I plan for the worst and hope for the best. 

 I have a "go" bag in the hall closet and a rough idea of what I need to take from my bedroom should we need to leave at a moment's notice. We live near the coast and have had to evacuate.

I also keep a written list of my family's phone numbers in my wallet in case I don't have access to my phone and need to contact them.
During the winter months, we stock up on essential items in case the weather keeps us from the store for a period of time. It's also nice to limit our trips out when the bitter winds blow!

I've also shared on this blog that I keep a large bright pink post it note on the side of our refrigerator which lists the Englishman and I by name, who our doctors are and any medications we take.
This is in case we have a medical emergency in our home. It gives vital information straight away to first responders.

Some spare cash, folded up and tucked in my wallet, as well as money stashed in the house, gives peace of mind should I be unable to get to the bank.

What's your plan?







No comments:

Post a Comment