Monday, November 18, 2019

A Monday Memory....

"First we were so young 
and then we were so busy 
and then one day we woke up to discover 
we were at an age we once thought of as old." 
Anna Quindlen 

Good lord! This is exactly what has happened to me!!
I keep saying to family and friends..."I was busy raising kids, and teaching, and then looking after my mother....."
and then one day I looked in the mirror 
and saw a white haired woman and thought, 
"What the h*l% happened?"
I recently had a wonderful visit with my college roommate. We've been friends now for 47 years. 
As I chatted with her and her two daughters, I made the observation that we are now "the parents" 
we used to complain about. 

But I'll take it. As the Englishman often reminds me, 
"Beats the alternative."



No comments:

Post a Comment