Monday, November 11, 2013

A Monday memory....

We still remember....

It has been nearly ten years since I led a group of Third Graders through their letter writing assignments - letters written to my nephew and then future son-in-law, as well as a dozen or more of their friends, while they were serving our country in Iraq.  I received overwhelming support not only from my own students, but from my Principal, fellow Teachers, and all of the students in our school.  Having something concrete to do - sending letters and care packages - made those long months of holding our breaths as a family endurable.  It helped me to feel I could help these young men and women in some small way.

Though I don't personally know of anyone on active duty in the Middle East, there are still many ways that I can currently support our Service members.  One is through crocheting scarves, which I send on to Operation Gratitude. 
For information on how you can help:  http://www.operationgratitude.com/

And I pray often, for the Veterans and those currently serving, as well as for the families and friends who love and support them.  

Happy Veteran's Day!
Thank you for your service and may God bless you,
 now and forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment