Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tip for a Tuesday....


Setting the oven temperature to....




at least ten degrees higher than what is called for.

The Englishman and I are devoted fans of the British series The Great British Bake Off.
I've learned a vast number of tips from the show.  One important one has been the realization that if I am baking, the minute I open the door the temperature inside the oven begins to drop.
Solution?
I set the temperature at least ten degrees higher when turning on the oven.  After placing my item inside,  I turn off the oven then quickly turn it back on to the actual desired temperature.
And voila!  Baking can immediately commence at the required heat.
Precious baking time is not wasted while waiting for the oven to come back up to temperature.

Easy Peasy.

Now..."Ready, set, BAKE!"


No comments:

Post a Comment