Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Fotos....

How did the chickens get on my driveway?

They crossed the road!  Literally.










And discovered some bird seed I had tossed on the driveway, so as to keep the Basset Boys from eating it.
They were later joined by these two lovelies.  The Basset Boys could see them through the front door, which set off some fierce barking and a show of force.

Long story short, these five birds had escaped from their owner and were cruising the neighborhood. I wasn't inclined to go out and help the lady across the road in scooping them up from our front yard since chickens and I are only familiar via the supermarket.

But upon seeing one skirting the backyard fence, I knew it was time to take action.  So after donning a thick jacket and gloves, I went out and was able to finally got a hold of it. I then went around to the street and delivered it to the lady determined to rescue them.  Where these five creatures are now,  I know not.



These are my first attempt at "made from scratch" vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Recipe courtesy of Mary Berry.  I hope they taste as good as they look!

Baked with love - in preparation for an early birthday celebration for the Englishman tomorrow.


Wishing everyone a warm, and chicken free, weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment