Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday's Wisdom....

My first home baked shortbread cookies!

I am so pleased with the first batch!  I'm almost embarrassed to say how long I have owned the beautiful baking pan I used. Almost.

This particular pan, as well as several similar ones from the same company, have traveled with me for over thirty years!  Imagine that. They have sat in the kitchens of five different houses before eventually being used.  



When I started to, well, beat myself up for having waited so long to finally use them, I immediately recalled a directive I received from a very wise woman a long time ago.  She urged me to "stop shoulding on yourself!" In other words, stop saying things like: I should have or why didn't I?  

To be fair to myself, I've been rather busy since I married the Englishman. There never did seem to be time for things like home baking in between diaper changes, school runs, washing clothes or the hundreds of other tasks that required my attention and participation.

But there is time now.  

So I'm starting to take note of those tasks I've put off for "someday" and I'm doing them.  

I've learned that it is true what they say - "It's never too late!" 
 (even for baking.)


No comments:

Post a Comment