Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tip for a Tuesday....

Keep an eye on that dryer!

As I leaned in to the clothes dryer the other day, I was met with a burst of very hot air.
Odd, I thought, since I hadn't used it since the previous morning.

Sensing there just might be a problem - either with the dryer or my mind - I asked the Englishman to have a quick look when he had a minute.
He immediately descended the stairs from his office in order to check out the situation.

Apparently, I had not lost my mind.   
The Englishman also felt the heat coming from inside the drum and upon closer inspection, could see that the heating element was on. Even though the machine was not turned on.
Yes, he said.  That is definitely a problem.

Long story short, a serviceman confirmed that the heating element on the timer was broken and was creating what could have been a very dangerous situation, i.e. a fire.
Since the replacement part alone was nearly the cost of a new machine, 
we opted not to fix but to replace.  Delivery is on Friday!!

My tip?  When in doubt, check it out!!

If you sense that something seems a bit off, trust your instinct and have it looked at.
Be extra careful around appliances that produce heat 
and unplug items like toasters when not in use.  

Oh, and keep a clothes drying rack handy.  


1 comment: