Monday, November 9, 2015

A Monday Memory...

Remember these?
Full front seats in your family car.  If you're as old as I am, you certainly do.

Or as old as my daughters, who I'm sure well remember their Grandma's Cadillac. And how it would take both the driver and front passenger, rocking back and forth, to make the seat move.

I recall the dilemma these all in one front seats used to cause when I was first dating.
Do I sit next to the passenger side door or closer to the middle, next to the driver?
Back then, the seriousness of the relationship seemed to be the determining factor in answering that question.  It was usually a relief when a new date turned up with bucket seats and the decision was made for me.  But you could also "drive home" a point, so to speak, if you were upset with your boyfriend by pressing yourself tightly against the passenger door instead of him.

Oh, and remember when we were the power source, cranking the window down ourselves? And those triangular shaped windows in the front, that could be opened and angled back to provide the most glorious breeze?
OK. Time to stop cruising down memory lane now....

No comments:

Post a Comment