Monday, February 1, 2016

A Monday Memory....

What a wonderful treat, to travel down memory lane....
Sunday was the "kickoff" for Catholic School's Week, 
an annual celebration of Catholic education in the U.S.  Our "wee ones" happen to attend the very same Catholic grammar school I had attended growing up.
So I was quite pleased to spend some time with the girls, as they proudly showed off their school to me. I still think they find it hard to wrap their heads around the idea that their grandmother was once a student, let alone the fact that she walked the same halls.  
But they were very patient with me as I reminisced, noting both changes and what had remained the same, for well over a half century.

M's First Grade desk, in what was once my Second Grade classroom.

C's cubby, outside of her Pre-K classroom, which had been my Kindergarten Classroom.

And look who we bumped in to, while walking the halls!

No comments:

Post a Comment