Monday, June 27, 2016

A Monday Memory....

This photo popped up on the site "Do You Remember" on Facebook this morning.
"Why yes, yes I do" I said aloud.


I also remember my Thumbelina doll and Bride doll. 




I had a "Revlon" doll, similar to the one above, who later became known as "the broken leg doll."
She did indeed "break" her leg and had to go to the doll hospital.
I still have her, but sadly the leg is yet again broken.

I was also among the first in our generation to receive a Barbie doll, later followed by Ken, Midge and Skipper.  
There seem to be many discussions today about dolls and body image.
I'll be honest.  In my mind, Barbie was a doll.  Period.
I didn't think she represented an actual person.
I just liked dressing her up and doing her hair.

The Barbie House offered me hours and hours of enjoyment, arranging and rearranging the furniture. 
Guess that's where my interest in decorating began.

Have these photos brought back memories for anyone else?









No comments:

Post a Comment