Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tip for a Tuesday....

Keep a gratitude journal.

This is the book I use every year for writing a daily gratitude list.


The Susan Branch "Days" calendar book lists each day of the year, along with beautiful artwork.
Calendar books, blank books, notebooks - all can work.
Colored ink pens can also add a little sparkle to the ritual.

I write down at least five things I am grateful for each and every day.
I've been doing this for many years now and have found it encourages me to look for the good throughout the day. 
"My family are all in good health, wonderful to hear the little ones laugh today, the cardinal appeared at the feeder" - all entries in my book.
 In years gone by, during tough times, being grateful for a roof over our heads, food in the fridge and a sense of hope, were frequently on my list.

I highly recommend the practice.  
New Year's Day is the perfect time to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment