Monday, April 13, 2020

A Monday Memory....

March 1967 - 8 Adults - 43 Cadets
I came across this rolled up photograph recently of our Girl Scout trip to Washington DC during our Easter vacation. My Mom, a Scout Leader, is top row, sixth from the left.
I'm sporting my "cat's eye" glasses, third from the left, middle row. 
(Notice that we are all wearing white cotton gloves. In light of today's pandemic, maybe it's time to bring those back!)

I don't remember very much of that particular trip. One thing that stands out is waiting on line for hours to go into the White House, finally reaching the gate, only to be turned away because some diplomat had arrived and they were closing the tours for security reasons. So long waiting lines are nothing new to me.

Daughter #2 and family were scheduled to go to DC this past weekend but due to the Stay At Home Order they had to cancel. Here's hoping that next year everyone will be able to roam our beautiful world, healthy and worry free.

No comments:

Post a Comment