Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wednesday's Wisdom....

I can remember a dark period many years ago. A friend reminded me, "You'll get through this." My response? 
"Oh I know I'll get through it. I just don't want to. I want to go around it and come out on the other side already."
Wishful thinking, I knew, even as I said it. But I felt all the better for saying it. For acknowledging that it was a very rough time I was going through. I knew from painful experience that pretending otherwise was going to hold me back.

So yes, I believe that this period of physical isolation and fear for many will end. It is difficult, challenging and sometimes painful. I also know from experience that I will learn many lessons as a result which will serve me well in the future. But part of me still wishes we didn't have to go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment