Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wednesday's Wisdom....

My daughter gifted me with this App a few months ago. It's been a wonderful addition to my daily routine. The following article caught my eye and I found #6 particularly interesting. To read the entire article, click on the link below:

https://www.calm.com/blog/6-steps-to-calming-anger?utm_medium=email&utm_source=lifecycle&utm_campaign=newreleases_08022020

6 Steps to Calming Anger

6 | Give yourself time to respond rather than react to the situation.

A reaction happens in an instant; it’s informed by the past and fueled by emotions. A response takes a little longer; it includes the present and is empowered by awareness and clarity. Reactions are more likely to cause harm or bring up feelings of regret. Responses are thoughtful and tend to take into consideration everyone involved and future consequences.


No comments:

Post a Comment