Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....

To say that things have been a wee bit stressful around here lately would most certainly be an understatement.  The reasons?  Varied and numerous.  

Having said that, the thought occurred to me as the Englishman and I were trying to solve the daily puzzle of what to have for dinner that what we needed was "comfort food."  And around here, that often comes in the form of Thai Chicken Curry.



The recipe is an old one, from a woman who brought the dish to a pot luck supper dozens of years ago and was kind enough to share.  I've adapted it a bit to suit my family.  Which means I have to leave "the green bits" out for a couple of the more picky eaters.

Tonight's version was delicious, if I do say so myself.  And even better?  
There are leftovers!

I've learned than when life is swirling around me there are a few things simple things I can do that help:

Keep it simple.
Pray.
Hug those I love.
Keep my surroundings tidy.
Count my blessings.
Make some comfort food.
Oh, and have a piece of chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment