Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tip for a Tuesday....

"Post It"
Use post it note tabs to mark passages while you read.  

Beginning back in my high school days, I was instructed to "highlight" passages in textbooks that were worth noting, using a special yellow highlighter.  I continued the practice in college, then carried it over to books I read post-schooling.  Which is fine, except......


it left my books looking abused - as you can see in the photo.
My father, who truly valued all books, would shudder to see what crimes I've committed on these precious tomes - calling it sacrilige!

These days, I've switched over to tiny post it note tabs.


My assortment includes "monthly" ones from Susan Branch.
I keep some on my desk and on my nightstand.  Handy for marking a passage or quote.
Easy Peasy.

I suspect my father would be both relieved and pleased with my new practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment