Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tip for a Tuesday....

If, like me, you are a huge fan of musical theater,
then you will surely enjoy this find.  


It is the "Elaine Paige on Sunday" radio programme, broadcast in England on BBC Radio 2.

Hosted by the actress and singer Elaine Paige, and airing from 1-3 p.m. on Sunday afternoons (British time) the show features music from stage and screen productions, along with interviews from celebrity guests.  Elaine also tells wonderful tidbits about many of the musicals and films 
whose scores she entertains us with.

The Englishman made the discovery for me when he set up a radio in our kitchen which is preset for both British and New York stations.  He also found that I can listen to recorded versions of the this show on BBC IPlayer Radio on the computer.  Here is the address:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b052tn9c

Listening to songs such as "As Long As He Needs Me" from Oliver, "It Might As Well Rain Until September" from Beautiful, The Carole King Musical and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from The Lion King, lifts my spirits and bring back such wonderful memories.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

1 comment: