Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tip for a Tuesday....

For those of you who are the parents or grandparents of young children, 
who may be separated by miles or simply looking for something fun to do together - 
I highly recommend this:
According to their website: 
"ustyme is a free video call app, available for iPad and PC / laptop via Chrome, that gives families and friends the opportunity to meaningfully engage with each other and build deeper connections."

The Englishman discovered this "app" for me a short while ago.  He installed it on my iPad and I sent the information to daughter #2, and she did the same.  During a couple of recent "snow days," granddaughter M and I signed on to the site.  We were able to see each other on a tiny screen located on the top left.  I had previously downloaded several games and a few books for us to read together, and we could both easily see what was available to us in the section labeled 
"my stuff."

The "Go Fish" and  "Memory" games, we've decided, are our favorites.
We then enjoyed sharing a couple of books.  M would turn the pages while I read the text aloud.


We also shared some giggles and our latest news.
While our Sunday visits via Facetime are a treat I really look forward to, ustyme gave M and I 
an opportunity to play together and chat a bit longer with each other.

Those of you who are Grandmothers know what a treasure these times with our wee ones can be - while Moms might enjoy a few minutes peace while their little ones play with their Grandparents. 

Check it out!!
www.ustyme.com



1 comment:

  1. It was worth it just to hear the giggles from both sides.

    ReplyDelete