Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday's Wisdom....

How much?
Noticing a large volume of suds rising up from within my washing machine a couple of months ago, I started questioning the amount of detergent I was putting in as possibly the cause.

Though the directions on the box stated I should add x amount for a full load, I started to gradually reduce the amount added to my machine. 
 I'm now using only half the recommended amount.

Result? 
 Less sudsing, clothes feel cleaner and longer stretches in between detergent purchases. 

Same thing applies to shampoo and some other products.
While I can understand that a company would want me to use more of their product so they can sell more, I've learned it's up to me to use some trial and error to see if it is really warranted.

And saving a bit of money is also a nice bonus!









1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately the same principal is being applied to my dinner!

    ReplyDelete