Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wednesday's Wisdom....

"For Susan, the holidays surround her with the people and things she cherishes, and she wants her guests to feel the same. They do, taking refuge from the outside world in the cozy holiday atmosphere. “I understand how people need to feel as though there’s something steady in the world,” she says. “You can make that for people. You can take them back to a time they feel might have been safer than the time is now, when all was well.”
by Julia Quinn-Szcesuil in Nov 2013  Yankee Magazine
in an article about Susan Branch - author/illustrator

Like Susan, I've tried over the years to create "a refuge from the outside world" during the month of December.  Embracing new traditions, while incorporating traditions passed down to me from my parents, I hope that I too have given my family that sense of comfort and security that I think is so necessary. 
I've learned it is well worth the time and effort needed to create that feeling.

May this season give us all the opportunity to create an atmosphere in our homes in which we can firmly believe that....

No comments:

Post a Comment