Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday's Wisdom....

"Have a little faith."
Vincent R.

When I would be worried about a particular situation or the future, my Dad would sit me down beside him on the couch.  He would encourage me to tell him what was bothering me, listening intently, without interrupting. 

When I'd finished, he would ask me "What's the worst that can happen?" 
He would suggest I imagine different scenarios to the problem I was facing,  
then gently point out how I would be able to deal with what ever I had imagined or feared.
He always concluded with a hug and "Have a little faith."

When I look back, I see how his wisdom was instrumental in helping me deal with my life.
So when that line popped into my head this morning as I greeted the day, 
I simply smiled and thought, 
"You're right, Dad.  I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment