Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Tip for a Tuesday....

Got stainless steel appliances?
Got fingerprints all over them?

Apply baby oil and wipe them away!

I would like to give credit to the source of this "tip" but I honestly can't remember where I recently read it. But I am happy to report it works like a charm!!

When we purchased our current house, all the appliances were stainless steel. 
Much to my dismay.
They seem to attract smudges and dust the way food attracts ants.

I've used stainless steel aerosol cleaners but inevitably some of the spray ends up on the floor and is extremely slippery.  I applied small amounts of baby oil using a dry rag and wiping in the direction of the grain. I let it dry a few minutes, then rubbed off any excess. There is a reminiscent, comforting smell as you work with it too.

It's been over a week and the surfaces are still smudge free and shiny!
(Even the Englishman noticed!)

Easy peasy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment