Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday's Thought for the Day....


David Wilson - Former Giants Football Running Back

I was so moved by the remarks David Wilson made at his press conference yesterday, when he bid a very emotional farewell to the team he loves due to a serious condition in his neck and spine, that I want to share the opening statement of this truly inspiring young man. 

"Hey everybody. I'm not really prepared to answer a lot of questions today but I'll try to do my best on some of them. I'm going to start by saying that at a young age I had a dream to play in the NFL. I did that, I played in the NFL and I scored touchdowns and I broke tackles and I broke and set records. I practiced with my teammates, got to play for Coach Coughlin, got drafted by the Giants. So at no point should anybody feel like this is over because in life everything has obstacles. We all go through our own obstacles every day. The main thing is, when you're going through those obstacles, to stay focused and embrace faith and keep your dreams. Even if one dream seems to fade away, set another goal and set another dream and try to reach that. That's the main thing.
...
Any time... life will knock you down sometimes. I realize that I knew that since a young age. Everything hasn't been smooth sailing for me hardly ever. I try to put the smile on my face and make other people happy. That's what I enjoy in life. I continue living. When life knocks you down, I always say plan to land on your back because if you can look up, you can get up. But if you're flat on your face, that can kill your spirit. Always think of it in that aspect - if you can look up, you can get up. So far, I can look up and I plan on getting
up and living my dream and setting another one for me to live out."  David Wilson


This quote was taken from the following website. The full text can be found here:
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/6/5976483/david-wilson-press-conference-08-06-14-ny-giants-news

1 comment: