Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday's Thought for the Day....




The Englishman, daughter #1 and I saw this painting in a shop a few weeks after my Mother passed away last year on August 20th.
There were wooden angel wings on either side of it where it hung in the shop 
and it immediately brought tears to my eyes.  I confess, I had to step outside and have a good cry.

My dear, sweet Englishman had daughter #1 purchase it for me as a surprise,
when she and I returned to the shop later that month.
(Bit tricky getting it into the back seat of my mini cooper - thankfully we were able to put the roof top down and maneuver it in!)

The photo of my Mother and I on my calendar was taken during a three week car trip across the United States with my parents and sister in 1976.  The Englishman thoughtfully included it in the annual calendar he has made up for me, knowing August in particular, would bring back a flood of memories.

I hung the painting over my desk so I could have it close to me during the day.
I also wanted it in a spot where the grandchildren would see it - 
directly across from where they sit at the kitchen table. 
What a wonderful message for them to practice those early reading skills on!

No comments:

Post a Comment