Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tip for a Tuesday....


Parents, Grandparents and Teachers:

The Read To Kids app

In looking for a way to record stories for my granddaughters to listen to when I'm not there, the Englishman discovered this app.  And I can honestly say that it is just fabulous!

Stated on the website: https://www.beesneststudios.com/readtokids/

"The Read To Kids app is a voice recording tool to help you create custom audio books for your children. It includes a simple interface to allow you to add a sound indicator when your child should turn each page. The usage is customizable to allow you to choose from a list of page turn sounds and to set the wait time to allow your child to turn the page."

We downloaded it to my phone. I then chose a few of my favorite children's books from among our numerous bookshelves, and one I remember their mother just loved, Bread and Jam for Francis.
The directions are clear and simple.  I was able to record each story, then play it back to be sure I had it just right.

Easy Peasy.

Another great element of the app is that you can then email the recording, which is a wonderful feature for a grandparent who lives some distance from their lovable wee ones.

As a former teacher, I think this would be a useful tool in the classroom for helping young students sharpen their reading skills or for a listening center.

And at only $0.99, I think it's a real bargain!




No comments:

Post a Comment