Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday's Thought for the Day.....


"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
                                                     ~ Dolly Parton

This seemed appropriate today, given that we have had several days of rain and drizzle.  It has been most welcome by those of us trying to grow new grass on the spotted lawn and care for our numerous potted plants.

Several years ago while visiting Scotland, the Englishman and I were blessed to witness a complete rainbow, similar to the one pictured above.  I stood in complete awe that day, never having seen a full rainbow before.  It was magnificent.

So that's the literal interpretation.

When it comes to the "life stuff", I have learned that I have to realize that often hard work or hard times will precede the times of success and joy.
There is balance in nature.
There is balance in my life.

I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment