Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To quote me......

So the other day I got a phone call from daughter #2.  She said she had something to tell me that would be much too long to text, hence the phone call.  Here was the story...

Baby C, granddaughter #2, had apparently dropped something on the floor while wiggling in her high chair.  Her older sister M, in retrieving it and placing it back on her tray exclaimed, "Whoops a daisy, Baby C.  That's what Grandmom says.  She says whoops a daisy!"

How cute! (Yes, I will be one of those grandmothers - the kind that gushes about her grandchildren every time you see her.  Don't you just hate that?)  It warms my heart to know that M is actually listening to me. Oh dear, I best be careful about everything I say from now on!

If you are wondering where I got such a phrase from, I confess that it is from the film "Notting Hill".  Hugh Grant utters the phrase while attempting to climb over into a private walled garden in London. It made me laugh the first twenty five times or so I watched the film.  Now it has become part of my vocabulary and it slips out frequently when I am with the "little misses" as the Englishman refers to them. Three year olds and infants just passing the ten month mark have a great tendency to drop things and/or themselves.  So "whoops a daisy" will be ringing through the neighborhood tomorrow when I'm babysitting.  Can't wait!

Oh, and do check out daughter#2's recent blog post - listed on the right hand side.  She has put an "explosion" of pictures of the girls.  They're just plain adorable!  (There I go again, gushing.....)



No comments:

Post a Comment