Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....

Stash some cash....

Years ago I read a suggestion in one of Sarah Ban Breathnach's books about tucking a one hundred dollar bill in a pocket of your wallet for emergencies.

Why such a large amount?  Her reasoning was that if it were a large bill you wouldn't be inclined to spend it unless it truly was an emergency.

I actually did that for many years.  These days, since money seems a little tighter, I've switched to keeping two or three twenty dollar bills, folded up, and hidden in my wallet.

It gives me some peace of mind, knowing I have "backup" so to speak.  I have had to use it from time to time, when I have found myself short of cash or didn't make it to the bank as planned.

It's also something to think about, in light of the recent storm, when so many places lost power.  If the bank can't open, you can't get cash.  In some instances, people found they couldn't purchase gasoline with their credit cards - it was "cash only".

A small stash of money in the house might also be a good idea.  Just in case.
Provided of course, you remember where you've put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment