Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....

Let the sun shine through!

Looking for an effective way to clean your windows and avoid those nasty streaks?

Try a solution of vinegar and water, adding slightly more vinegar than water, to a spray bottle.

Then, dig out some old bed sheets, cut into small rag sizes and use them to dry the windows.

Voila - streak free glass!

The Englishman was recently away on business.  When he travels, especially to locations in which there is, lets say, "added security" in the form of armed guards in the hotel lobby, I find it best to keep myself busy.
Very busy.

So last week I washed every window in my house. And mirror. And any surface with glass.
(It really did help to reduce my stress level!)

The vinegar/water and old sheet combo "worked a real treat", as they say in England. It's far less costly than purchasing traditional glass cleaner.  Using old sheets rather than paper towels not only saves money, it doesn't leave behind those annoying bits of fluff. Upon finishing my onslaught, I simply tossed the rags in the wash. They are now freshly laundered, folded and in my cupboard ready for the next business trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment