Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday's wisdom....

Don't look too far down the road....

During difficult times, such as the storm we've just come through, serve as a reminder to me to try to remain only in today.  If I just look at what is happening in this day, and not try to look at the whole picture or stretch to see what may lie ahead, I can cope better.

In the past, when confronted with a looming financial crisis or an extended family member's health problems, I concentrated my thoughts on dealing with what was in front of me and not worrying about the possibilities that might be out there.

Having gratitude for even the smallest of blessings is a tool I utilize on a daily basis.  I've been waking up each morning for the past week with continuing gratitude for the basics of electricity, heat, gasoline in my car, and food in my refrigerator.  

Thankfully, my family and I have everything we need today.  What will happen with the Nor'easter, scheduled to descend upon us this afternoon, I have no idea.  But for today, all is well.

I sincerely hope and pray it is the same with you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment