Monday, December 24, 2012

One of the fondest memories I have of Christmas Eve as I was growing up, occurred just before we scooted down the hall and off to bed.  My mother would gather my siblings and I in front of the tree, where out manger set was placed.  She would then read to us from her Sunday Missal, the Gospel of Luke and the story of the Nativity.


I came across my Dad's missal last week, which had been tucked away in a box on my nightstand.  I thought it fitting to bring it out and place it on the new cloth I purchased in Germany this past Spring.
 Old traditions blending in with new traditions. 


I can't wait to see the expressions on the wee ones faces when they discover Grandmom's Santa Village.  I've saved it as a surprise for this special family night, when we all gather to feast on the most wonderful spread, thanks to the Englishman.  And yes.  There will be trifle!

Wishing you and yours 
joy and magic 
this Christmas Eve.....

No comments:

Post a Comment