Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tip for a Tuesday....

Look ahead....

Years ago, I found this box in a Hallmark store and thought it was a great idea.  It's a greeting card holder, divided by month and occasion.  It even has a secret compartment at the bottom in which to store stamps.

I try to make a point at the beginning of each month to look ahead and see what special occasions are coming up.  Then I add the names of the type of cards for those special days to my shopping list. Over the years, I've also picked up packets of cards to keep on hand, for instance, Valentine's Day or Easter, and some general Birthday cards, and store those in the appropriate folder.

Even with all that preparedness, I still can find myself saying, "Oh no" when I realize a card didn't make it in the mail on time.  So this year, I also went through my calendar book and marked down several days in advance of each occasion a reminder to actually mail the card.  

Apparently, I can never be too prepared.




No comments:

Post a Comment