Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....

Try something new....

Yoga

The thought of trying yoga has always been a little intimidating to me. I've had years of training in ballet, jazz and even modern dance. My concern was that despite that, and given my advancing age, would I be able to twist myself into the pretzel shape I envisioned was required of yoga 

Thankfully, due to daughter #1's very positive description and experience with a nearby yoga studio, I decided to give it a try.
I've taken two classes now and I just love it!

There is much to learn yet. 
And my former toe shoe feeties want very much to point rather than flex.
But the calming, slow moving pace of yoga is so soothing to me. 
It is clearly something which can be done at any age - given the wide range of poses and class levels. 

The instructors repeated direction: "inhale 'Let' then exhale 'go' " is my absolute favorite part of the class - something I've been repeating to myself on a daily basis since first hearing it.

Apparently, you never are too old to learn something new.
What's next?  The choices are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment