Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday's Thought for the Day....

"....there are defining moments in one's life when you learn a lot about yourself, and you deposit that knowledge in the experience account, so you can draw on it at some later date."
"Giles" - a character in Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer

This line reminded me of something I have frequently told my daughters over the years - "Nothing is wasted if you learn something from it."

Some days, I think that I have more than enough "experience" to draw upon, thank you very much.
Could we just coast along for a while?
But I can see there is still so much more to learn on this journey called "life."

The Englishman and I are huge fans of Jeffrey Archer's work.  The books below are the first three installments of what is a Chronicle of novels about two families.  


I highly recommend them, as well as his previous works. 
I also recommend keeping paper and pencil, or some sort of electronic device, handy while reading.  It affords you the opportunity to jot down quotes and thoughts that you want to remember while you are reading.  A helpful tool, since keeping a thought in my head for longer than two minutes seems a difficult achievement these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment