Wednesday, September 11, 2013

We STILL remember....

The following is taken from last year's post on this date.
The thoughts and feelings are the same today, as they have been since September 11, 2001.
The Englishman and I paused this morning to remember those he lost and everyone else affected that awful day.
I am also so very grateful, each time I remember this day, to the caring people I worked with at the school I taught in, who offered me comfort and support that day and for weeks after.



We will NEVER forget....

Not in our family.  Not ever.

September 11th will forever be a solemn day of remembrance for my family.

Life changed that day.  For each and every one of us.

For the Englishman, who watched as a dozen friends perished before his eyes.

For our daughters, two far from home on college campuses and the other kept at her high school, frantically searching for information and longing to be home.

For me, in a Third Grade classroom, trying desperately to act as though nothing was happening when every fiber of my being wanted to run, gather my family and hold on to them as tightly as I could.

For my nephew and his friends, in their Senior year at West Point, whose future would now include trying to survive in a war zone.   

We still remember.

Prayers and gratitude for all those who work tirelessly to keep us all safe. 
May God bless and protect them.
And all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment