Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....




I've been struggling all day to find some "wisdom" to write about.  So I took a long walk, down and back, to our local CVS.   While I don't feel any wiser, I do feel a bit better.

So maybe that's the wisdom - recognizing and doing those things that I know will help me to feel better, to pass through this storm of grief I'm dealing with.

 There are certain activities which I have drawn on in the past and found comfort in. 
Among them are long walks, crocheting a scarf for a soldier, staying in touch with friends, and rereading a favorite book series, Miss Read.

I've now added bike riding, puttering in the garden, rearranging closets and listening to classical music.
Adding to my daily dose of dark chocolate has also been of benefit.

The "wisdom" is that I need to do those things that are self-caring, most especially when major life events occur.
They always work.  They have before. They will now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment