Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....

Change is good!
(But dollars are better.)

The Englishman informed me on Monday that there was an upgrade available for my phone.
Not being very "tech savvy" - I thought, well that's nice.
So he upgraded me and handed the phone back over.

And that's when I panicked.
Because it looks like a completely new phone to me. EVERYTHING has changed.
And I hate change!

From this....to this

Well, hate is a strong word.  Let's just say I've never become comfortable with change, of any kind.
I like to be able to count on things being the same.  Same meals, same clothes, same furniture arrangement.  Same television shows.  Same routine in the morning and at night. 
Change feels like a threat to my security - both inside and out.

Over the years, I have learned to adapt to changes.  Not because I wanted to, mind you.
 But let's face it - sometimes you really don't have a choice.
The brand of soap you love is no longer available.  They cancel The Mary Tyler Moore Show without consulting you.  The doctor informs you that the ingestion of the shrimp you order whenever dining out  is contributing to your high cholesterol numbers and must be stopped.

The changes come and you find you can cope with them.
Sometimes, change can even be a good thing!
New foods are discovered, the table is more workable on the other side of the room, and the promos plugging new television programs actually look promising.

While I am still more comfortable with the sameness of things, change is often welcome and exciting.
I just need to be open to it.

And though it is still early days, there is a slight possibility I will actually come to like my new phone.
Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment