Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh no, I missed it!


You know that line in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", when Sally laments that Halloween is over and she missed it? That's how I feel about the month of October.  It is my absolute favorite month of the year. I wait all year for it. But October is over.  And I missed it.

The reason? It's been due, in large part, to a cough I've been battling.  It started off, as it does for most people, as a cold. But after lingering and becoming more persistent each day, I finally threw in the towel and called the doctor.  Long story shortened, he was backed up with patients so it was almost a week later before I actually got in to see him.  Diagnosis: trachea bronchitis.

What?  Never heard of that one.  He said it is simply bronchitis in the trachea and upper regions, not down in my lungs.  I called the Englishman from the car park with the diagnosis. By the time I was back home he had already researched it and emailed me an article with more specific information.  Darling man! Thankfully I was given some medication and am slowly starting to feel better.  The coughing has subsided substantially and I, and my poor Englishman who has been listening to me for weeks now, are grateful for that.

So what's the lesson learned this time?  Well, for one thing, I need to accept once and for all that my lungs and other organs above the waist are obviously a source of trouble for me.  I need to pay closer attention to symptoms early on.  And I need to call the doctor sooner!

Lesson learned.  Counting weeks.  Only 47 weeks until October returns. (I didn't actually count it out on my calendar. You can "google" to find that information.  Isn't technology wonderful?)

No comments:

Post a Comment