Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tip for a Tuesday....


Just a note....

When I was in grammar school, my mother would pack me a special lunch on my birthday.  She would put in a birthday napkin and a note reminiscing about the day I was born.  It always made me feel so special.  When I became a mother, I decided to take that one step further.

Starting as young as pre-school, I would tuck notes in the girls backpacks.  If they weren't reading yet, I would write their name and draw a picture.  As they grew, I might wish them good luck on a test or presentation, or simply say "I love you".

But notes aren't just for kids.  The Englishman has been off on many business trips over the years.  I try to make sure to sneak a note into his suitcase or briefcase after he packs. (In fact, I stashed one in his bag this morning just before he left for the airport.)  When our girls were little, they would join in with their own special notes to Daddy.

Today's technology offers us numerous ways to be in touch, instantaneously.  But I still think there is something special about finding a hand-written note, with a reminder that someone is thinking about us and loves us.  Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment