Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lovely....

So I've been trying desperately all afternoon to think of something funny or uplifting to blog about.  I came up empty, until a few minutes ago when I remembered about the film the Englishman and I watched the other night.  It's called, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and is, quite simply, lovely.


It stars Ewan McGregor, who is an adorable Scotsman, and British actress Emily Blunt.  I saw her previously in the film, "Young Victoria" and enjoyed her performance very much.  One reviewer described the film this way:

"A rare catch: an intelligent romantic comedy that finds laughs without stooping for them, and wins the heart without pandering to it."
Marshall Fine, Hollywood and Fine

The humour is, like that of the Englishman, subtle but effective.  I wouldn't characterize it as a "chick film", for there is enough attraction in the story line for men as well as women.  It's one of those films which you find yourself coming away from feeling so much better for having seen it.  

Isn't that reason enough to do lots of things these days?  Seek it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment