Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....I mean Wednesday....

We are a family that shares a lot.  The past ten days, my daughters, granddaughters and I have been sharing coughs, sneezes and all that fun stuff.  Despite a week of rest and tender loving care from the Englishman, I did end up at the doctor's office yesterday, hence the reason I missed my Tuesday post.  Due to some "noises" in my lower lungs, I will be laying low a bit longer.

Oh well.  I had been hoping to find more time in my day for reading. I should have learned by now to be careful what I wish for, as it rarely comes out the way I plan. Maybe that should be my tip.

However, the "tip" I wanted to pass along involves my flowers and vacation time.  The Englishman and I were at our "retirement" house last week and I was concerned about leaving all the plants in our back garden.  At his suggestion, I moved the bulk of them into the shade, in a tight little group and watered them thoroughly before we left.

Despite the grueling temperatures and only occasional bursts of rain, the plants fared quite well, I think. The Englishman and I have a disagreement about the state of the basil.  I keep insisting it's coming back.  He just smiles at me and shakes his head "no".  I'll let you know who wins that one in a few days.

If you are heading out on vacation, my suggestion is that you group your plants, in a shaded area, water thoroughly and hope for the best.  And if your basil doesn't survive, I'm sure I could spare some of mine. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment