Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tip for a Tuesday....

Shop at home....
Due to a near miss incident, in which the Basset Boys were chasing each other 'round the living room and pulled a lamp cord and its timer from the wall, the Englishman and I decided it was time to take some action.  We were concerned that the next romp would cause the table lamp to topple on them, causing serious injury.  We could also envision our "little people" running around and possibly suffering a similar fate.  So after moving things here and there, we came up with a workable solution.  In fact, I have to say, I really prefer the new arrangement to the old.

 
We moved the sofa table from in front of the picture window to the side wall.

This gave us a nice spot to safely place the table lamp.
I find I enjoy the framed family photographs far more in their new location.


Moving the table opened up the view through the window.
(Note the guilty looking Basset on the couch.)

In addition to making things safer, I started to take a fresh look at several items placed in the room. Noticing a standing lamp tucked in the corner, I realized it might work in the kitchen in my "office" area.  Sure enough, it worked well in the space.  
This all got me thinking that instead of looking in the shops for items I felt were needed to make our house and furniture work better, maybe I should have a look around at what I already have and see if simply changing its location makes it work better.

One hour later - several shelves had been rearranged, another lamp found a new location, and two large paintings had changed sides.  The result being that the living room feels as though it's had a makeover!

My tip?  Whether due to necessity or boredom, before you head off to the shopping mall, first take a good, long look around your house.  
You just might find what you're looking for right under your own roof.

*Do you enjoy reading my blog posts but sometimes forget to stop by?  Then perhaps you should consider signing up to receive an email of each new posting.  Simply fill in your email address on the box to your right under "Follow by Email," then hit the "submit" button.  Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment