Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....

Knowing when it's time to "cut myself a break"....

Last night I had a wonderful idea for today's post.  Truly, I did.  But by this afternoon I was unable to remember what it possibly could be!  I've gone back and forth to my computer since noontime with the hope of remembering, but it is gone.

So I've decided to cut myself a break.  To say "I honestly can not remember" and then to let it go.

The truth is, I write this blog for me.  
I also write it for my daughters and granddaughters - to give them a window of sorts in to who their mother and grandmother is.
Something tangible they can reread in the years to come as a running conversation.

So today, I can say to them, and me, that I am human like everyone else. 
Sometimes, I don't remember.
Today: I got nothin!

I have days when I feel overwhelmed.
Then days when I am beyond grateful for all the blessings I have.
And then there are the days when I can not remember a bloody thing!
(That one's for the Englishman!)

What I do remember, at the moment, is something Scarlet O'Hara, while cutting herself a break, said in Gone With The Wind:
"After all, tomorrow is another day."

Who knows - maybe tomorrow I will remember my "wisdom" intended for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment