Monday, December 30, 2013

A Monday Memory....

Christmas Eve 2008
We certainly didn't realize it then, but this was to be the last time my mother was able to come to my home to celebrate Christmas.  Following her stroke and cancer diagnosis late May of 2009, she spent the next several years safely tucked up in her own home for the holidays.

Four generations of women, gathered together.
Grandma, new Grandmom, daughters and granddaughter.
How blessed we were that day!

Fast forward......


Christmas Eve 2013
The memory of that previous photo op came flooding back to me as I sat on the couch last Tuesday night, C snuggled up on my lap, watching everyone opening gifts.  I whispered to my girls that if they were very quiet, perhaps they could all slip into place next to us.  My hope was that the Englishman could capture the moment before C became aware of my plan.  

Mission accomplished!

Though we missed my mother terribly that night, we still felt extremely blessed to all be together and to have such wonderful memories of her to remember and share with each other.
And to have added little Miss C to our group hug!




No comments:

Post a Comment