Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tip for a Tuesday....

"Stop shoulding on yourself!"
Dr. Jane Hathaway

Wise words from a very wise woman.
Dr. Hathaway frequently urged me, when I was struggling with life as a teenager,  to stop telling myself, "I should do this" or "I should be that."

Similar to when I would say to my mother, "But they are..." and she would immediately ask me, 
"Who are they?" and then, "Why do you have to do what they are doing?"
Also a wise woman.

Not "shoulding" on myself continues to be a work in progress, but one in which I make greater and greater strides with each passing year. 
Life is so short - better to do the things I want to - with joy and enthusiasm, than to do them halfheartedly or with resentment because I feel I should.

That's my tip.  Stop shoulding on yourself in the New Year.


Happy 2014!
May the new year bring good health, peace and prosperity to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment