Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday's Thought for the Day....

"I can't speak for all others about how to live a long and fruitful life.  Genetics is crucial, of course - my father lived until he was 90, and that was in the 1940's.  I do not damage my body with alcohol, nicotine or drugs.... I give thanks to God every morning for waking me up in my right mind, and for the new day.
I try to live by simple truths.  Listen carefully to others because listening is a kind of solace.  Take pleasure in little things - I don't gamble, oh, no, but I do love to play whist.  Keep busy - though when you have five children, you have not choice!  Honesty really is the best policy.  Do  your best.  When you have a problem, don't ignore it.  Quietly decide to solve it.  And most of all, set high standards for yourself, and always strive to live up to them.  Your children, your family, your community - they will notice."
Marguerite LaMarque, 91
Framingham, Massachusetts
Words to Live By - "Give thanks to God every day."
Lifeline - "My faith."
AARP - The Magazine December 2013/ January 2014 - People's Choice Winner

I read about this wonderful, strong woman in the most recent issue of AARP magazine.
(Why yes, despite appearances, I do qualify for a subscription to that particular magazine.) 
I thought Marguerite had some wisdom worth passing on to those of you far too young to be receiving the AARP publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment